For those of you who want to switch to a free service instead you can try this site:
We too will be slowing down (finally) for a break with our children. We hope to energize ourselves for another year of fantastic features and product development here at Eggman Technologies.
Our technical support address will still be accepting emails but we will be closed from
- December 23 – 27
- December 30 – January 3
Known 1.6 Issues – Fixed in v1.7
- Foscam audio playback is poppy/scratchy/clicky in version 1.5 and 1.6
- Foscam audio output quality improvements
- Cisco/Linksys audio fails on some devices causing a crash.
- JPEG/MJPEG URL profiles fail to allow “/” characters
- Audio output does not work on Axis devices using HTTPS
- Home Surveillance mode is missing an option to allow startup with favorites
- Linksys/Cisco audio out (tested on WVC210)
- Advanced settings screens now use a label and a button to launch hyperlinks instead of a simple label
- Added the ability to launch group 1 or group 2 cameras when starting in home surveillance mode (in addition to all private cameras or favorites)
Our next release should be the last update before the holidays and we hope to have it completed and tested this week.
Update (Dec 12, 2011) – The release has been submitted to Apple (followed by a review that usual takes them 6-8 days before the app appears on iTunes)
We’d like to report on several bugs that have been reported so far:
1) Anyone who had an unlicensed version of Live Cams Pro prior to 1.5 should wait for a patch to be released before making any in-app purchases. The app fails to recognize the purchase even though the payment is accepted by Apple. Users with licenses or new users of 1.5 have not reported any issues, this is only a problem for people who have updated an old copy before purchasing anything. If you have already run into this problem don’t worry, your purchase is still valid and on record with Apple. When the 1.6 patch is released you can use the restore purchases option to resolve the issue.
2) Sort order for private cameras and favorites is not being honored. They will all appear alphabetical. Your previously assigned sort order has not been lost, it’s just not being respected when the cameras are loaded.
3) URL-based camera profiles complain about protocols being present in the url when a camera is added.
4) Editing group names for private cameras always changes the name of the first group instead of the one originally selected.
5) Private cameras cannot be deleted from the list mode.
6) Control button sometimes doesn’t appear (or never appears) for a PTZ device.
7) Audio no longer works for Apexis or Wansview cameras (this has been resolved without the need for a patch. Simply shut down the app and restart it to obtain the new configuration).
8) Astak Mole cameras fail to display video. This can be resolved by shutting down the app and restarting to fetch the latest config.
9) SecuritySpy camera import complains about requiring a camera name but the field is disabled.
All of these have been reproduced and resolved on our development systems but we will need to release a quick patch to Apple in order to get the software out to the customers. This can sometimes take 2-3 days.
The patch will be labelled as the 1.6 release and it was submitted to Apple on Sunday Dec 4 at 11:12am EST.
As always, please report bugs to our firstname.lastname@example.org email account. Thanks!