View and control thousands of public web cameras around the world! Monitor your own IP cameras for surveillance or as a baby monitor. 1.2 million customers to date since April 2011. It was first released as “Live Cams” in 2008 and became the #1 paid app in iTunes for the United States and Japan (Dec 2009).
Want to browse publicly available IP cameras from around the world? We’ve got over 1000 included in the app. Public cameras include beaches, landscapes, traffic, attractions, retail, ski hills, golf courses, airports, animal cams and more!
Want to monitor your own private surveillance system with your mobile phone or iPad?
We support thousands of models with PTZ and MJPEG video. The app also supports native 1 or 2-way AUDIO for many IP camera models from:
Wansview, and more!
Also supports connections to USB or PC/Mac webcams via:
Blue Iris (audio included!)
SecuritySpy, and more!
RECENTLY the #1 or #2 app in ALL OF iTunes in the following countries:
Germany, Canada, France, Greece, Italy and Spain (September to November 2011)
The previous version of the app (Live Cams) was the #1 paid app in US and Japan 2009/2010 before Angry Birds knocked us out of the top spot.
TWO APPS IN ONE:
– PUBLIC CAMERA VIEWER – View and control public cameras from all over the world in realtime
– HOME SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM – Monitor and control your own private security cameras (IP-enabled using JPEG and MJPEG video, MPEG/H.264 support is under development)
– Universal binary, runs on all iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch devices (iOS 9.0 or newer)
– View realtime public webcams (roughly 1000 included in the app)
– Control pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) enabled devices
– Save and view your own private IP-enabled cameras, supporting an unlimited number of personal devices from hundreds of manufacturers
– 1 or 2-way audio supported (private cameras only) for many models
– Search the internal database, mark cameras as favorites, save snapshots
– Map, list and thumbnail view modes, your choice!
– Swipe up/down on thumbnail screen to hide/show the titles
– Advanced camera settings for many private camera models, adjust your brightness, contrast, exposure levels, etc
Baby Monitor features:
– Receive local notifications/alerts when volume exceeds your saved threshold
– “Squelch” settings allow you to eliminate any noises below a preset level
– Audio can be configured to run in the background after the app is closed
There are no subscription fees, all licenses are for the lifetime of the product once purchased.
Have you found some public cameras online that aren’t in the app? Add them into your personal copy of the app by using the private camera interface and the JPEG or MJPEG camera profiles. See http://livecams-iphone.com for details on how to add them.
*Note: See http://www.eggmantechnologies.com for a list of known supported devices. Contact our support email for compatibility questions on unlisted devices.
Webcams on your PC/Mac/Linux computers are supported via third-party software.
Twitter – @eggmantech
Web – http://www.eggmantechnologies.com